Game notes from the final regular season game, a 27-24 OT win over the Cleveland Browns.
– Kickoff team left to right. Justin Gilbert-Jordan Dangerfield-Roosevelt Nix-L.J. Fort-Vince Williams-Chris Boswell-Tyler Matakevich-Jarvis Jones-Fitzgerald Toussaint-Darrius Heyward-Bey-Artie Burns
– Punt return team. On the line. Roosevelt Nix-Tyler Matakevich-Jarvis Jones-Arthur Moats-Jordan Dangerfield-Fitzgerald Toussaint-Justin Gilbert. Cobi Hamilton and Artie Burns the jammers and Eli Rogers the return man.
– On his first punt return, Rogers really needed to get vertical. Too much East/West.
– Punt coverage team: Vince Williams-L.J. Fort-Greg Warren-Tyler Matakevich-Arthur Moats. Rosie Nix/Jordan Dangerfield the wings, Toussaint replacing Robert Golden as the upback. Hamilton and Heyward-Bey the gunners.
– Browns did a nice job to fake a pin/pull run on their touchdown. Got eyes away from RGIII’s rollout, giving him a lane and throwing lane for the score.
– Kick return units. Front line folks: Jordan Dangerfield-Tyler Matakevich-Vince Williams-Arthur Moats-L.J. Fort. Sean Davis behind. David Johnson/Roosevelt Nix/L.T. Walton the wedge. Toussaint and Hamilton, the latter eventually replaced by Justin Gilbert, the returners.
– Stunt and contain goes awry here. And with man coverage, it creates lane for RG3, who takes off for 19.
– Nice first step and penetration by Johnny Maxey.
– Stop drop against four verts. Going to have a bad time. This should’ve been six.
– Man coverage, Gary Barnidge underneath the rub. Sean Davis gets caught up in the wash.
– Great punt protection with the team backed up in their own end.
– Demarcus Ayers with a flat out drop, leaving his feet for a pass.
– Nice reach block by Ramon Foster, sets his hips and seals Danny Shelton.