A Pittsburgh Steelers’ winning streak. Not weird.
– The final score is boring, 24-14, but the first quarter score wasn’t. After one, the Steelers led 5-0.
It’s only the second time in franchise history the team led 5-0 after the first quarter. The other? December 11th, 1966. Against the New York Giants.
Now that is weird.
– Le’Veon Bell is the first Steelers’ back to throw a pass since Mewelde Moore in 2009. That pass was completed for a six yard touchdown.
– Ladarius Green is the first Steelers’ TE to have a 6/110/1 line since Heath Miller in 2014. It was the only time Miller ever did it.
Miller only equaled or surpassed Green’s yardage twice in his career. That 2014 game and his career high of 118 in 2009.
– Green had two more 30+ yard catches today. As we noted last week, no TE had done it in a single game since at least 1994. And now he has done it back-to-back weeks.
– Something about playing a New Jersey team is good for Sean Davis. His last college INT came at Rutgers. And his first NFL one against the Giants.
– Artie Burns has seven tackles today. He only had seven in a game once in his NFL or college career. That came against Clemson in 2015.
– The last linebacker to have 50+ yards on an interception return before Lawrence Timmons’ 58 tonight was…Lawrence Timmons in 2012. The last player to do it who wasn’t Timmons was Keyaron Fox against the Minnesota Vikings in 2009. That was an 82 yard score.
Burns and Davis are the first rookie Steelers’ DBs to have an interception in a year since 1987 when Delton Hall, Thomas Everett, and Ray Williams all had at least one.
Since the merger, they are one of only three pairs to do it. The other was Glen Edwards and Mike Wagner in 1971.
– Eli Apple is the first rookie to pick Ben Roethlisberger off since Duron Harmon of the New England Patriots in 2013.
– First time since 2014 the Steelers had 12 penalties for 115+ yards in a game. The other was a 27-24 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.