Our weekly charting on the defensive side of the ball.
– The Miami Dolphins ran 37 of 70 plays inside Pittsburgh Steelers’ territory. That’s over half the time.
– Despite the Steelers often playing from behind, they were in their base defense just 27.1% of the time. Nickel was still over 71%.
– Ross Cockrell continues his strong season. Targeted twice and didn’t allow a completion on either.
– Keith Butler rushed five – what he would consider a blitz – just 5 times on 33 opportunities. That’s 15.2% of the time. He did blitz – what we consider one anyway – seven times, or 21.2%. A defensive back was brought three times.
– As we mentioned earlier this week, the Steelers recorded just two pressures in this game. One from Daniel McCullers, one from Stephon Tuitt.
– Pittsburgh gave up 112 yards of YAC Sunday, an average of 4.5 yards per completion.
– Javon Hargrave took 16 snaps as the base nose tackle. McCullers had three.
– Tyler Matakevich averaged a tackle every other defensive snap. 18 snaps, nine tackles.
– James Harrison outsnapped Jarvis Jones 39-31.
– Robert Golden played in the box 33 times.
– The Steelers goal line personnel: 4 DL-5 linebackers (two with their hand down)-2 safeties.
Mike Mitchell was not on the field for goal line. He was replaced by Jordan Dangerfield.