It’s Friday and I look forward to watching the playoff-bound Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Cincinnati Reds later this evening with hopes that they can still capture the division crown.
With the Pittsburgh Steelers now all set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday at Heinz Field, I have a few questions related to the game and the rest of the league below for you to answer.
- The Steelers decided to bring back linebacker James Harrison this week after losing starter Jarvis Jones for a while to a wrist injury. Harrison, who admittedly is about 10 pounds heavier than he’d like to be, also admits that it will likely take him a several weeks to get into football shape. With the above said, will Harrison play more or less than ten snaps Sunday against the Buccaneers.
- Assuming he plays this week, how many times will rookie running back Dri Archer touch the ball on offense and how many total yards of offense will he produce?
- I like to watch as many football games as possible, but have to admit that these Thursday night games haven’t featured good play both teams consistently for a few years now. We know it’s all about the money, so what can they do to make the games better? Could bye weeks be fit into the schedule formula somehow in order to make sure the two teams are well rested and prepared?
- The Steelers will play the Jacksonville Jaguars next week and it looks like they will be facing rookie quarterback Blake Bortles, who with good reason is often compared to a young Ben Roethlisberger. In five years, will Bortles be considered one of the top five quarterbacks in the league?
- With three full weeks plus one game now in the books, list the six AFC teams that you think will make the playoffs.