The 2014 NFL season kicked off Thursday night and the Pittsburgh Steelers will open their season Sunday at Heinz Field against the Cleveland Browns. It’s Friday, so that means I have a new set of five questions for you to answer in the comments below as we move into the weekend and closer to kickoff.
1. Former Steelers linebacker James Harrison formally announced his retirement on Friday and during his question and answer session with the media he admitted that the play he’ll most likely will be remembered for was his 100-yard interception in Super Bowl XLIII against the Arizona Cardinals. Other than that one play, what other one play first comes to your mind when remembering Harrison’s career in Pittsburgh?
2. Now that Steelers wide receiver Lance Moore has officially been ruled out for the Sunday regular season opener against the Browns, it appears as though Justin Brown will be the first man up in the slot when the offense uses their 11 personnel grouping. Are you comfortable with this, or would you rather see Markus Wheaton in the slot and Darrius Heyward-Bey lined up outside initially?
3. Rookie running back Dri Archer should get some playing time on offense Sunday against the Browns. How many snaps do you predict he will play on offense and how many times do you think he will touch the football during those snaps?
4. Veteran defensive end Brett Keisel played well during the Steelers preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers, but still only managed to play 19 snaps in total. While it’s unknown exactly how he’ll be used Sunday against the Browns, do you think Keisel will play more or less than 20 snaps in the game?
5. What one player on the Browns offense scares you the most heading into Sunday’s game and why?