If your looking to get your mind off of the Pittsburgh Steelers 26-6 loss to the Baltimore Ravens Thursday night, make sure to tune in to the NFL Network Friday night as the fourth season of the three-time Emmy-nominated series ‘A Football Life’ kicks off with a profile of Steelers Hall of Famer Joe Greene.
The one-hour, NFL Films-produced documentary, which will air at 9:00 PM ET, features sitdown interviews with Greene and those who know him well, including former Hall of Fame teammates Franco Harris, Lynn Swann and Jack Ham, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney, and more.
This episode will be narrated by Emmy-nominated actor Josh Charles and it should be very informative and entertaining.
According to the press release, among the topics discussed in the documentary are:
- Presenting Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney for enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and having his jersey retired by the Steelers
- Nearly quitting after a late-season loss during the 1974-75 season
- Leading the Steelers to four Super Bowl championships as a player and contributing to two Super Bowl titles as a front office executive
- The dominant “Steel Curtain” defense and his relationship with the other members of the ‘Front Four’ – L.C. Greenwood, Dwight White and Ernie Holmes
- The iconic Coca-Cola commercial and the impact it had on Greene’s public perception
- Joe’s relationship with his family