So weird. So sad. So weird and sad.
– Ryan Mallett threw for 274 yards today. It’s his most in a game since January 4th, 2011, a bowl game loss to Ohio State.
– The Ravens 15 play opening series drive that ended in a touchdown is the first such drive given up by the Steelers since October of 2012 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
– Ben Roethlisberger is the first Steeler to throw for zero touchdowns and two interceptions (minimum 10 attempts) since Charlie Batch in 2012. Roethlisberger himself hasn’t done it since 2011, the infamous loss to the San Francisco 49ers where he clearly played injured. It’s the only other time since 2009 Roethlisberger has played this poorly from a statistical standpoint.
Unsurprisingly, Big Ben is just 2-7 all-time when he doesn’t throw a TD and has at least 2 INTs. Last win came back in 2006.
– Antonio Brown becomes just the 4th player in NFL history with 1600+ yards twice in a career. Calvin Johnson, Marvin Harrison, and Torry Holt are the other three. Pretty good company.
– Brandon Boykin recorded his first sack in over three years. December 23rd, 2012 against the Washington Redskins. When he was still an Eagle, of course.
– The Steelers’ outside linebackers have failed to record a sack in the last three weeks. That’s a span of 123 passes between sacks. Yikes.
– DeAngelo Williams is the first Steelers’ RB not named Le’Veon Bell to rush for at least 850 yards in a season since Rashard Mendenhall in 2011.
– Check back for the official snap count tomorrow but Shamarko Thomas played his first snaps of the season since Week 8 against the Bengals.
– If the New Orleans Saints do not allow a passing TD today, the Steelers’ defense will have the 4th longest active streak for consecutive games with a passing TD given up. Today’s performance moves the Steelers’ number to 12. Only the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and Tennessee Titans are ahead.