Earlier in the offseason it looked as if Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown might be considering holding out during training camp because of him wanting a new contract. Brown, however, made it clear Tuesday following the team’s first OTA practice that he will be present for training camp this year.
“I’ll be there at training camp so you guys get ready to see me,” Brown told the media Tuesday, according to Will Graves of the Associated Press.
Antonio Brown: ""I'll be there at training camp so you guys get ready to see me." #Steelers
— Will Graves (@WillGravesAP) May 26, 2015
Brown, who led the league last season in both receptions and receiving yardage, also told the media that anything related to his contract is up to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.
After missing the first few days of the Steelers offseason conditioning program, it was widely reported that Brown was unhappy with the six-year, $43 million contract that he signed back in 2012. The three-time Pro Bowler and one-time First-Team All-Pro quickly made it known by the end of that week that he was looking forward to getting back around his teammates once again after spending a little time with his newborn child, however.
Brown apparently hasn’t missed any of the non-mandatory workouts since that first week.