The Pittsburgh Steelers will begin Phase Three of their offseason program on Tuesday as the first of three OTA (Organized Team, Activities) sessions will be getting underway shortly. After the three consecutive weeks of OTA practices, the Steelers offseason program then will conclude with a mandatory three-day minicamp on June 16-18.
Below are the rules as to what can take place during Phase Three of the offseason program. It is important to remember that while attendance during the OTA sessions is encouraged, it is not mandatory per the rules of the CBA.
- 4 Weeks Total
- 3 Weeks For 10 Total OTA’s
- A Maximum Of 3 OTA’s Each Week For The First 2 Weeks
- During Weeks 1 & 2 A 4th Non OTA Workout Is Allowed But Phase Two Rules Apply
- A Maximum Of 4 OTA’s For The 3rd Or 4th Week
- One Week For Mini Camp
- No Pads Except Protective Knee And Elbow Pads, Helmets Are Permitted
- No Live Contract
- 7 On 7, 9 On 7 And 11 On 11 Drills Will Be Permitted Provided No Live Contact Takes Place