If veteran Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison winds up wanting to play again in 2015, he’s likely going to have to wait a long time to find out if the team wants him back.
According to Chris Bradford of the Beaver County Times, Harrison’s agent Bill Parise has said that he doesn’t anticipate having conversations with the Steelers about his client until the spring or early summer. That is subject to change, however.
Last week in his online chat, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said that he doesn’t expect Harrison to be back in 2015 as the Steelers are reportedly now ready to move on from the unrestricted free agent linebacker once and for all.
Being as Harrison’s unlikely to want to play for anyone else, the Steelers don’t have to make a final decision on him for several months. The only reason he was brought back last season was because starter Jarvis Jones was sidelined for several months with a wrist injury.
Including the playoffs, Harrison recorded 5.5 sacks in the 12 games that he suited for the Steelers in 2014. Those sacks came in three different games. Harrison will turn 37 in May.
— Chris Bradford (@BCTBradford) January 12, 2015