Steelers News

Report: Fire Marshal Rules Grease Fire Caused Burns To Kirby Wilson

Jessica Sinichak from the Plum-Oakmont Patch reports tonight that investigators have determined the early morning fire that severely burned Pittsburgh Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson was caused by a grease fire. Sinichak points to a State Police report that said Wilson had been cooking chicken in his kitchen at about 2:45 a.m. on January 7th when the stove caught fire. The report cites evidence that Wilson was injured when he attempted to put out the flames.

Wilson remains in serious condition in the Trauma Burn Center at UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh according to the update given last Wednesday and that he has started physical rehabilitation and watching television. Wilson reportedly suffered burns over 45 percent of his body as well as smoke inhalation injuries in an early morning fire.

To Top
error: Alert: Content is protected !!